Implementing ZScaler as a new firewall solution can be a complex project. CCM’s Rhona Hawkins provides some do’s and don’ts advice for organisations embarking on projects of this nature:
- DO make sure any reference sites’ implementation reflects your own.
- DO ensure you have a thorough understanding of all aspects of your existing traffic: bandwidth, routing and performance etc. It will change and you need to understand when the difference is material.
- DO utilise ZScaler’s on-boarding and deployment services (introduced recently)
- DO NOT underestimate the length of time it will take to migrate 3rd party services away from any pre-existing dependency upon any form of IP authentication.
Any firewall replacement project has a higher risk profile than projects impacting less critical systems.
- DO ensure you have a management team who understand that tactical risks at implementation are outweighed by wider operational risk mitigation.
- DO ensure the project team accurately quantify all risks throughout delivery, to enable effective decision-making,
If you would like to understand more about ZScaler as a firewall or other technical implementations, please get in touch.
This blog was originally posted on 1st April 2016 and was updated on 8th November 2016.